4.28.2013

The Container Store

Have you ever been to The Container Store? I hadn't until this past Thursday when they invited me, and several other Central Florida bloggers, to the brand new Orlando location (their 60th store). We got to eat lunch, poke around, and take pictures of everything before the store opened. Seriously, if you need some color inspiration, head over. As of this weekend, they are open for business here in Central Florida.

I think what I liked even more than their stuff, was their philosophy on running a business. Take care of your employees first and your employees will take care of their customers. YES! 100% true! Maybe that's why they're continuously on Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For. I hope all of my past employers are listening. 
Elfa is their popular closet system. I can see why, it's the stuff a closet of your dreams is made of. They not only had sample closets set up for you to see, but home office spaces, craft spaces, garage spaces, gift wrapping spaces, etc... I really love how they list the amount of space what your looking at takes up. So smart!
Too bad they weren't open for business yet, I would have snagged these garbage cans for the kiddos immediately. I guess I know where I'm going on my lunch break this week. :)

And I love these tiny file drawer systems. My husband needs this now. If I could only show you the stacks of papers I'm currently typing around. Well, I could, but I won't. It's slightly embarrassing. I'd love to just shove everything in those drawers.

And that's it! There's me looking very uncomfortable posing for a picture in The Container Store (wearing shoes my family lovingly refers to as "The Big Bird" shoes). If you've got a storage problem, I'm telling you they have a solution. Go check them out.
Disclaimer: I was not compensated to write this post. I attended a media event at The Container Store and received a few free products. Just my opinions!

2 comments :

  1. I've had the grand opening date posted on my calendar forever! Then I realized I was going to be in Chicago this weekend.... BUT, there's one just around the corner here so I can get my fix before I visit the new one at home. win win :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been! I always assumed they were really expensive but they weren't... and I'm cheap! lol They have so many cool things... especially for legos. I need some of those.

      Delete